top of page
Air source heat pumps london

Air Sourced Heat Pumps

Our Top 3 Reasons for switching to an Air Pump

  • You are going to save money on your energy bills.

    • Did you know an ASHP can transfer 300% more energy than it uses?

    • Heat pumps run off electricity and for every 1kWh of heat they provide, an estimated 25% comes from electricity and the remaining 75% comes from the air which makes them extremely efficient.

  • It's greener, reducing your carbon footprint, and it's safer.

    • In order to achieve Net Zero by 2050, the UK Government aims to install ​19million air sourced heat pumps across the UK.

How does it work?

Heat from the air is absorbed into a fluid. This fluid then passes through a heat exchanger into the heat pump, which raises the temperature and then transfers that heat to water which will feed your heating and your hot water system.

 

How does air source heat pump work in winter?

 

The refrigerant can absorb heat even in extremely low temperatures of -20 °C, which is why heat pumps are able to work in cold climates. This evaporated refrigerant is then compressed, which increases the temperature further. The gas can then transfer its heat into your home's central heating system.

Source. Viessmann UK April 2022

Heat pump running costs

Heat pumps run off electricity, and for every 1kWh of heat they provide, an estimated 25% comes from electricity and the remaining 75% comes from the air.

Efficiency Performance.png
bottom of page